Current:Home > ContactEthermac Exchange-Shannen Doherty applauds Princess Kate for 'strength' amid cancer battle, slams rumors -GrowthInsight
Ethermac Exchange-Shannen Doherty applauds Princess Kate for 'strength' amid cancer battle, slams rumors
Benjamin Ashford View
Date:2025-04-06 10:49:50
Shannen Doherty hopes Princess Kate's cancer diagnosis will be Ethermac Exchangea wakeup call for the public following weeks of conspiracy theories about the British royal's health.
The "Beverly Hills, 90210" star, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015, took to Instagram to react to Princess Kate's announcement on Friday that she is battling cancer. The Princess of Wales, 42, stepped back from the public eye in January following planned abdominal surgery, which sparked many rumors about her health.
On Instagram, Doherty stressed the need for celebrities to have privacy while undergoing health challenges, writing that "being a public figure does not mean the public owns that person."
"We ALL have the right to go thru illness or life privately," she said. "The onslaught of conspiracy theories, ownership and plain morbid curiosity forced this person to explain herself before she had come to terms with it and explained to her children."
Doherty added that she prays this will be a "learning moment for us all to respect privacy of others regardless of being in the public eye." She also praised Princess Kate for her "strength" amid the "endless onslaught you've been under while going thru cancer."
Doherty has been battling cancer since 2015. After going into remission in 2017, it returned in 2019. Last year, she shared that the cancer had spread to her brain.
Princess Kateannounces she has cancer in video message. What's next for the royal family?
"January 12, 2023. On January 5th, my ct scan showed (the cancer metastisized) in my brain," she said at the time. "January 12, the first round of radiation took place. My fear is obvious."
In November, Doherty shared with People that the cancer had spread to her bones, and in January, she said on the "Let's Be Clear" podcast that she was undergoing infusion treatment.
Shannen Dohertygives update, opens up about undergoing 'miracle' breast cancer treatment
"After four treatments, we didn't really see a difference and everybody wanted me to switch, and I just was like, 'We're gonna keep going with this and see,'" Doherty said. "After the sixth, seventh treatment we really saw it breaking down the blood-brain barrier. Do I call that a miracle? Yeah. For me, that happens to be a miracle right now. That I sort of rolled the dice and said, 'Let's keep going.'"
Princess Kate shared her cancer diagnosis on March 22 after Kensington Palace previously said she would step back from public duties until after Easter, which is on March 31st. The Princess of Wales said that after her "major abdominal surgery" in January, tests "found cancer had been present."
Olivia Munn, who recently revealed she has been privately battling breast cancer, also expressed support for Princess Kate, commenting on Instagram, "Thank you for showing what it's like to fight with grace and determination for yourself and for your family. Wishing you all the best."
Contributing: Taijuan Moorman and Brian Truitt, USA TODAY
veryGood! (19717)
Related
- Biden administration makes final diplomatic push for stability across a turbulent Mideast
- Los Angeles Chargers defeat Las Vegas Raiders in Jim Harbaugh's coaching debut with team
- 2025 Hyundai Tucson adds comfort, safety features for babies and pet passengers
- Sky's Angel Reese to have wrist surgery Tuesday, be in cast for six weeks
- South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
- Fake Heiress Anna Delvey Slams Whoopi Goldberg Over Dancing With the Stars Criticism
- Joe Manganiello and Girlfriend Caitlin O'Connor Make Marvelous Red Carpet Appearance
- Grief over Gaza, qualms over US election add up to anguish for many Palestinian Americans
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- A blockbuster Chinese video game sparks debate on sexism in the nation’s gaming industry
Ranking
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Ram 1500s, Jeep Wranglers, Jeep Gladiators among 1.2 million vehicles recalled: Check car recalls here
- Why The Bear Star Will Poulter's Fitness Transformation Has Everyone Saying Yes, Chef
- US seeks new pedestrian safety rules aimed at increasingly massive SUVs and pickup trucks
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Trial opening for former Houston officer charged with murder after deadly raid
- New York site chosen for factory to build high-speed trains for Las Vegas-California line
- Justin Fields hasn't sparked a Steelers QB controversy just yet – but stay tuned
Recommendation
Louvre will undergo expansion and restoration project, Macron says
Black borrowers' mortgage applications denied twice as often as whites', report shows
2024 CMA Awards: Beyoncé’s Cowboy Carter Album Shut Out of Nominations
'14-year-olds don't need AR-15s': Ga. senator aims at gun lobby as churches mourn
Arkansas State Police probe death of woman found after officer
US Open champ Jannik Sinner is a young man in a hurry. He is 23, is No. 1 and has 2 Slam titles
Four die in a small plane crash in Vermont
Jailed Harvey Weinstein taken to NYC hospital for emergency heart surgery, his representatives say