Current:Home > NewsFastexy:Sean “Diddy” Combs Sued by Model Accusing Him of Sexual Assault -GrowthInsight
Fastexy:Sean “Diddy” Combs Sued by Model Accusing Him of Sexual Assault
Burley Garcia View
Date:2025-04-06 12:21:07
Content warning: This story discusses sexual assault.
Sean "Diddy" Combs is Fastexyfacing another legal battle.
The rapper is being sued by model Crystal McKinney over claims that he drugged and sexually assaulted her at his New York City studio in 2003, according to legal documents obtained by E! News May 21.
In the documents, McKinney, who has modeled for brands like Tommy Hilfiger and Macy's, alleges that she was invited by an unnamed designer to a Men's Fashion Week dinner at Cipriani Downtown, where she was told that she'd be introduced to Combs to potentially advance her career. Ahead of the event, the model, then 22, said she was instructed to change her appearance by dyeing her hair and buying a new outfit to ensure that the Bad Boy Records founder found her attractive, per the suit.
And while Combs did promise to help her "make it big one day" during the dinner, according to the filing, the 54-year-old also allegedly made "flirtatious" remarks towards McKinney before inviting her to his studio later that night to "get to know her better."
While at his studio, per the filing, Combs and an associate then pressured her to smoke and drink until she felt like she was "floating," despite her previously insisting she had had enough. Combs then allegedly demanded McKinney follow him into the bathroom, where he "began kissing her without her consent" and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She said she lost consciousness shortly after and awoke "in shock" to find herself in a taxi back to the designer's apartment, per the lawsuit.
McKinney, who claimed in the suit that she was "blackballed" in the modeling industry following the incident, is seeking compensatory and punitive damages in the case, as well as coverage of her attorneys' fees and costs. She also demands a trial by jury.
E! News reached out to Combs' lawyer for comment on the lawsuit but has not heard back.
McKinney is one of six accusers who have filed claims of sexual assault against Combs in the last six months, which the Grammy winner has since denied, calling them "sickening" and an "assassination of my character."
"Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged," Diddy wrote on Instagram in December. "I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth."
The model's suit also arrives less than a week after Combs apologized over hallway surveillance footage from 2016 that appeared to show him grabbing, shoving and kicking his then-girlfriend Cassie Ventura, who he dated on and off for about a decade until their 2018 breakup.
"It's so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you got to do that," Combs said in a video shared on his Instagram May 19. "I was f--ked up. I hit rock bottom. But I make no excuses. My behavior on that video is inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my actions in that video."
Noting that he was "disgusted" when he did it and "disgusted now," the rapper continued, "I went and I sought out professional help. Had to go into therapy, go into rehab. Had to ask God for His mercy and grace. I'm so sorry. But I'm committed to be a better man each and every day. I'm not asking for forgiveness. I'm truly sorry."
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (78)
Related
- The FTC says 'gamified' online job scams by WhatsApp and text on the rise. What to know.
- Biden asks Congress for more than $13 billion in emergency defense aid for Ukraine
- What is hip-hop? An attempt to define the cultural phenomenon as it celebrates 50 years
- US government sanctions Russians on the board of Alfa Group in response to war in Ukraine
- Intellectuals vs. The Internet
- Prosecutors won’t seek death penalty for woman accused of killing, dismembering parents
- Ecuador arrests 6 Colombians in slaying of presidential candidate as violence weighs on nation
- Kyle Richards and Morgan Wade Strip Down in Steamy New Music Video
- Chuck Scarborough signs off: Hoda Kotb, Al Roker tribute legendary New York anchor
- Two men, woman die trying to rescue dog from cistern in Texas corn field
Ranking
- Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
- Don't call it 'vegan' and other tips from hospitals to get people to eat less meat
- Killing of Ecuador candidate deepens country’s sense of vulnerability to crime
- 17-year-old suspect in the New York stabbing of a dancer is indicted on a hate-crime murder charge
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Will 'Red, White & Royal Blue' be your cup of tea?
- Gal Gadot enjoys 'messy' superspy life and being an Evil Queen: 'It was really juicy'
- Trump adviser Boris Epshteyn arrested in 2021 after groping complaints at club, police records show
Recommendation
Why members of two of EPA's influential science advisory committees were let go
Federal judge will hear arguments on potential takeover of New York City’s troubled jail system
New movies to see this weekend: Skip 'Last Voyage of the Demeter,' stream 'Heart of Stone'
Halle Berry Is Challenging Everything About Menopause and Wants You to Do the Same
As Trump Enters Office, a Ripe Oil and Gas Target Appears: An Alabama National Forest
Trading Titan: The Rise of Mark Williams in the Financial World
NOAA doubles the chances for a nasty Atlantic hurricane season due to hot ocean, tardy El Nino
Nick Kyrgios pulls out of US Open, missing all four Grand Slam events in 2023