Current:Home > NewsIs Chris Pine Returning for Princess Diaries 3? He Says... -GrowthInsight
Is Chris Pine Returning for Princess Diaries 3? He Says...
SignalHub View
Date:2025-04-06 14:31:01
Could Chris Pine be headed back to Genovia?
Following news that a third movie in the Princess Diaries film series is in the works, Chris—who make his feature-length debut opposite Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement—was asked about his potential involvement.
“I don’t know anything,” he emphatically told Today show co-hosts Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager during his Oct. 8 appearance. “Call Disney. Call Bob Iger. I don’t know anything about it.”
However, whether or not the Wonder Woman star, 44, is currently in the loop on the project, that doesn’t mean he’s not interested.
“I think it’s fantastic,” he added, “and I would love to come back.”
Earlier this year, the actor revealed just how monumental his breakthrough role as Nicholas Devereaux in the 2004 romantic comedy was to his career.
“I was driving on the freeway—it was the height of summer— and I got a call from my agents that I booked the job,” Chris shared on Sunday Sitdown with Willie Geist in May. “I pulled over onto the side of the freeway and they said, ‘You're getting paid $65,000.’ It was like they’d just told me I’d made $50 million. It was absolutely earth-shattering.”
He continued, “I just remember distinctly knowing in that moment that my life had changed somehow.”
E! News previously confirmed that the third installment in the series was moving ahead, with Crazy Rich Asians director Adele Lim set to take over directing duties from Garry Marshall, who directed the first two films before his death in 2016.
“As a diehard fan of the original Princess Diaries, I’m beyond excited to be a part of bringing the third iteration of this beloved franchise to life,” Lim said in a statement. “We look forward to celebrating its core tenants of female power, joy and mentorship with audiences worldwide.”
As for Anne—who originated the role of Mia Thermopolis in the first Princess Diaries movie in 2001—she shared her reaction to the upcoming threequel on social media, counting to three before blowing a kiss to the camera and reciting Mia’s iconic “Shut up!”
“Miracles happen,” she captioned the video posted on Instagram Oct. 4. “Back to Genovia with @adeleblim @disney @somewherepictures. The fairy tale continues.”
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (943)
Related
- The Grammy nominee you need to hear: Esperanza Spalding
- A wasted chance to fight addiction? Opioid settlement cash fills a local budget gap
- Trump hit with sweeping indictment in alleged effort to overturn 2020 election
- SAG-AFTRA is worried about AI, but can it really replace actors? It already has.
- Rylee Arnold Shares a Long
- Patient escapes Maryland psychiatric hospital through shot-out window
- Progress made against massive California-Nevada wildfire but flames may burn iconic Joshua trees
- Krispy Kreme will give you a free donut if you lose the lottery
- Bodycam footage shows high
- U.S. women advance in World Cup with 0-0 draw against Portugal
Ranking
- Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
- 10 pieces of smart tech that make your pets’ lives easier
- The Bachelorette's Gabby Windey Debuts Romance With Comedian Robby Hoffman
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his wife announce their separation
- Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
- Todd and Julie Chrisley Haven't Spoken Since Entering Prison 6 Months Ago
- Prosecutor involved in Jan. 6 cases says indictment has been returned as Trump braces for charges
- Grand Canyon bus rollover kills 1, leaves more than 50 injured
Recommendation
Sonya Massey's father decries possible release of former deputy charged with her death
Toddler dies after grandmother leaves her in hot car for 8 hours
63-year-old man rescued off New York's Long Island after treading water for 5 hours and waving makeshift flag
Special counsel Jack Smith announces new Trump charges, calling Jan. 6 an unprecedented assault
Biden administration makes final diplomatic push for stability across a turbulent Mideast
Takeaways from the Trump indictment that alleges a campaign of ‘fraud and deceit’
Trump indicted in 2020 election probe, Fitch downgrades U.S. credit rating: 5 Things podcast
Court affirms sex abuse conviction of ex-friar who worked at a Catholic school in Mississippi