Current:Home > FinanceBurley Garcia|Amber Heard Makes Red Carpet Return One Year After Johnny Depp Trial -GrowthInsight
Burley Garcia|Amber Heard Makes Red Carpet Return One Year After Johnny Depp Trial
SafeX Pro View
Date:2025-04-07 00:22:24
Amber Heard is Burley Garciaback in the spotlight and all smiles.
The Aquaman actress attended the world premiere of her latest project, the movie In the Fire, at the Taormina Film Festival in Italy June 23. It marked her first red carpet event since she her and ex-husband Johnny Depp's televised defamation trial came to an end a little more than a year ago.
Heard, 37, wore a black caped maxi dress with matching platform sandals and wore her long blonde hair down in curls as she smiled for pics on the carpet—technically teal—alone and with co-stars such as Luca Calvani, Eduardo Noriega and Yari Gugliucci their director, Conor Allyn, as well as actor William "Billy" Baldwin, who attended the festival to promote the animated comedy Billie's Magic World (which also features his brother Alec Baldwin).
Heard also appeared to be in great spirits while taking selfies with fans and signing autographs.
In the Fire stars the actress as doctor who travels to a remote plantation in the 1890s to treat a boy with unexplained abilities who the local priest believes is possessed by the Devil.
The movie, which has no release date, is the last acting project that Heard shot and was filmed in Italy in early 2022, months before her and Depp's defamation trial began that April. She also reprises her role of Mera in the upcoming Aquaman sequel, which was filmed in 2021 and is set for release Dec. 20.
After the trial concluded June 1, 2022, Heard largely kept away from the public eye. But this past May, the actress began to be photographed in Madrid. Speaking Spanish, she has told local paparazzi numerous times that she loves living in Spain.
The trial had ended with a victory for Depp, who made his own red carpet return this past May at premiere of the film Jeanne du Barry at the Cannes Film Festival.
Depp had sued Heard for $50 million. A jury determined that the actress was liable for defaming the actor with a 2018 Washington Post op-ed bearing her byline, which stated that "two years ago, I became a public figure representing domestic abuse." While the actor was not named, Heard had publicly accused him in a 2016 restraining order of domestic violence and he denied the allegations at the time.
Following the jury's verdict, Amber was ordered to pay Depp more than $10 million in damages. Heard, who called the ruling a "setback" for women, did score a small victory of her own following a $100 million countersuit against the actor. Simultaneously, the jury ordered Depp to pay her $2 million because his lawyer had accused her of perpetrating a "hoax."
Both actors appealed their verdicts but ultimately dropped their appeals to settle the case last December, with Amber agreeing to pay her ex $1 million. Earlier this month, a source close to the Pirates of the Caribbean star told E! News that Depp plans to donate the money to five charities.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (1)
Related
- Brianna LaPaglia Reveals The Meaning Behind Her "Chickenfry" Nickname
- Bend the Knee to Gwendoline Christie’s Hair-Raising Met Gala Look
- Jalen Brunson helps New York Knicks rally for Game 1 win over Indiana Pacers
- See Ed Sheeran and Wife Cherry Seaborn’s Rare PDA Moment at the 2024 Met Gala
- Nevada attorney general revives 2020 fake electors case
- Boy Scouts of America changing name to more inclusive Scouting America after years of woes
- Kim Kardashian Reveals the Story Behind Her Confusing Met Gala Sweater
- 'Would you like a massage?' Here's what Tom Brady couldn't handle during his Netflix roast
- 'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
- Mom accused of stabbing young sons, setting home ablaze with them inside indicted in deaths
Ranking
- Nearly 400 USAID contract employees laid off in wake of Trump's 'stop work' order
- You Probably Missed Sabrina Carpenter and Barry Keoghan's Sneaky Red Carpet Debut at 2024 Met Gala
- Meg Ryan Makes Rare Red Carpet Appearance at First Met Gala in Over 20 Years
- How Chris Hemsworth Found Out He Was Co-Chairing the 2024 Met Gala
- Selena Gomez's "Weird Uncles" Steve Martin and Martin Short React to Her Engagement
- Gov. Kristi Noem faces questions in new interview about false claim in her book that she met Kim Jong Un
- Fall In Love With These Must-See Couples Turning the 2024 Met Gala Into Date Night
- Shortstop CJ Abrams growing into star for Nationals: 'We’re going to go as far as he goes'
Recommendation
Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
Paying college athletes appears closer than ever. How could it work and what stands in the way?
Met Gala co-chair Chris Hemsworth keeps it simple, elegant for his red carpet look: See pics
Apple’s biggest announcements from its iPad event: brighter screen, faster chips and the Pencil Pro
Macy's says employee who allegedly hid $150 million in expenses had no major 'impact'
Tom Holland Proves He’s The Most Supportive Boyfriend After Zendaya’s 2024 Met Gala Triple Serve
Marvel at Brie Larson's Invisible Hoop Skirt Look at 2024 Met Gala
Find Out Who Was Hiding Under An Umbrella at the 2024 Met Gala