Current:Home > MarketsTennessee Titans release OL Jamarco Jones after multiple fights almost sparked brawl -GrowthInsight
Tennessee Titans release OL Jamarco Jones after multiple fights almost sparked brawl
Fastexy View
Date:2025-04-06 15:00:44
The Tennessee Titans released offensive lineman Jamarco Jones on Thursday following multiple practice field incidents.
Jones, 27, was kicked out of training camp practice twice this week after getting into two separate scuffles, including one the team said "nearly sparked a brawl with irate defensive players."
"I think you have to just know how to practice," Titans coach Mike Vrabel said Thursday following Jones' dismissal. "We talk all the time about being competitive and going to that line. Certainly not going to do anything that hurts the team. We don't want to see that."
Jones' day ended early Tuesday after he was involved in a dust-up with defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons, according to the Titans. He also departed early Thursday following a block on a defensive player that would have drew a penalty in a game, Vrabel said.
MORE:Titans sign Pro Bowl wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins
NEVER MISS A SNAP:Sign up to get the latest NFL news and features sent directly to your inbox
Jones, who was drafted out of Ohio State by the Seattle Seahawks in 2018, signed a two-year contract with the Titans during the 2022 offseason, but he spent a majority of the ensuing season on injured reserve.
Jones was competing for a starting position this season after starting right tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere was suspended for the first six games of the regular season for violating the NFL's gambling policy.
Last month, the Titans signed three-time All-Pro wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins in a deal worth up to $26 million with $6 million available in incentives. Ryan Tannehill is set to be the starting quarterback, but there could be a change. The Titans drafted Kentucky quarterback Will Levis in the second round of the NFL draft.
Contributing: Anthony Gharib, USA TODAY
veryGood! (768)
Related
- Nearly 400 USAID contract employees laid off in wake of Trump's 'stop work' order
- Dollar Tree may shed Family Dollar through sale or spinoff
- Nvidia’s stock market value touches $3 trillion. How it rose to AI prominence, by the numbers
- Ohio State football gets recruiting commitment for 2025 class from ... Bo Jackson
- Sonya Massey's father decries possible release of former deputy charged with her death
- Political consultant behind fake Biden robocalls posts bail on first 6 of 26 criminal charges
- Boeing launches NASA astronauts for the first time after years of delays
- What Jelly Roll, Ashley McBryde hosting CMA Fest 2024 says about its next 50 years
- DeepSeek: Did a little known Chinese startup cause a 'Sputnik moment' for AI?
- U.S. Army officer resigns in protest over U.S. support for Israel
Ranking
- Bodycam footage shows high
- UN migration and refugee agencies cite ‘fundamental’ right to asylum after US moves to restrict it
- A brief history of second-round success stories as Bronny James eyes NBA draft
- Iowa sheriff finds 3 dead, 1 injured in rural home near Cedar Rapids
- South Korean president's party divided over defiant martial law speech
- Slovakia’s Fico says he was targeted for Ukraine views, in first speech since assassination attempt
- Stock exchanges need better back up for outages, watchdog says
- A look at the key witnesses in Hunter Biden’s federal firearms trial
Recommendation
Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
Prince William Responds After Being Asked About Kate Middleton’s Health Amid Cancer Treatment
Michigan man’s court video about driving offense went viral. Now he’s in trouble again.
LeBron James 'mad' he's not Kyrie Irving's running mate any longer
South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
Who will win 2024 NBA Finals? Mavericks vs. Celtics picks, predictions and odds
D-Day anniversary shines a spotlight on ‘Rosie the Riveter’ women who built the weapons of WWII
Trump asks to have gag order lifted in New York criminal trial