Current:Home > ScamsPolice find body of missing Maine man believed killed after a search that took nearly a year -GrowthInsight
Police find body of missing Maine man believed killed after a search that took nearly a year
Fastexy View
Date:2025-04-06 17:36:16
STARK, N.H. (AP) — Police in Maine said they have found the body of a man who was the victim of a killing after a search that took nearly a year.
The body of 34-year-old Alex Jackson of Windham, Maine, was recovered in the area of Stark, New Hampshire, on Friday, police said. They did not release the cause of Jackson’s death.
Jackson was reported missing in May 2023. Police arrested Joseph Chute, 30, of Leeds, Maine, and charged him with murder in March stemming from Jackson’s death.
Chute’s lawyer, Verne Paradise, tried to have the charges against Chute dismissed last week on the basis that no body had been found, the Portland Press Herald reported. Paradise told the Press Herald that the discovery of Jackson’s body did not change his position that Chute is innocent.
veryGood! (79)
Related
- A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
- Indianapolis Colts TE Drew Ogletree faces domestic violence charges
- Not all New Year's Eve parties are loud and crowded. 'Sensory-friendly' events explained.
- 'Our expectations fell very short': Dolphins in tough spot as division crown hangs in balance
- Hackers hit Rhode Island benefits system in major cyberattack. Personal data could be released soon
- Influential former Texas US Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson dies at 88
- These 12 Christmas Decor Storage Solutions Will Just Make Your Life Easier
- Music producers push for legal protections against AI: There's really no regulation
- Trump wants to turn the clock on daylight saving time
- Lions insist NFL officials erred with penalty on crucial 2-point conversion
Ranking
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- How to watch or stream the 2024 Rose Bowl Parade on New Year's Day
- Sam Howell starting at QB days after benching by Commanders; Jacoby Brissett inactive
- Kyler Murray throws 3 TD passes as Cardinals rally past Eagles, disrupt Philly’s playoff path
- Who are the most valuable sports franchises? Forbes releases new list of top 50 teams
- This group has an idea to help save the planet: Everyone should go vegan
- Oregon newspaper forced to lay off entire staff after discovering that an employee embezzled funds
- Indianapolis Colts TE Drew Ogletree faces domestic violence charges
Recommendation
Sam Taylor
Nick Carter Shares Family Video in First Post Since Sister Bobbie Jean Carter's Death
Gloria Trevi says she was a 'prisoner' of former manager Sergio Andrade in new lawsuit
North Korea’s Kim orders military to ‘thoroughly annihilate’ US, South Korea if provoked
New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
Kyler Murray throws 3 TD passes as Cardinals rally past Eagles, disrupt Philly’s playoff path
Nick Carter Shares Family Video in First Post Since Sister Bobbie Jean Carter's Death
Australians and New Zealanders preparing to be among first nations to ring in 2024 with fireworks